The Ponseti Method
- was developed by Dr. Ignacio Ponseti at the University of Iowa.
- is recognized as the “gold standard” for correcting clubfoot worldwide.
- is a low-cost, low-risk, non-surgical, highly effective treatment.
- consists of a series of gentle manipulations, followed by weekly plaster casts.
- typically results in a fully corrected foot in 4-6 weeks, using 4-6 casts.
- requires use of a foot abduction brace, mostly worn at night, until age 4.
- can correct clubfoot and prevent disability everywhere in the world.
-where Paul Harris received his law degree.
-including the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and many others.
–but requires specialized training to be used successfully.